We have currently no PhD position available
• Individual supervision and monitoring (students have their individual thesis steering committee)
• A highly structured HOROS-specific educational programme
• Great scientific network, also with international laboratories
• Retreats and social activities
• Guaranteed salary as suggested by the Austrian Science Fund for the proposed 3-years
• Health insurance and social benefits
• State-of-the art facilities and resources
Join HOROS: Requirements
The entry requirement is a full study completing degree (Master, Magister, Diploma, MD) in medicine, natural sciences or related disciplines. Medical or Science students have to show academic excellence, scientific potential, flexibility, motivation and suitability for the research project.
Please submit the following documents as ONE-PDF-File by email
(document in PDF format using "lastname_firstname.pdf") to email@example.com
• Filled application form
• Master/MD diploma (you can also apply when you havent received your degree, yet)
• Recommendation letter
• Abstract of diploma/master/MD thesis
We can only accept complete applications. Incomplete applications will not be considered!
PhD students are selected on the basis of their application materials and the selected candidates will be invited to a personal interview at Medical University Innsbruck (or for an online-interview).
• Verification that the application is complete and that the applicant fulfils all requirements
• Evaluation by HOROS faculty members and ranking of candidates based on their qualifications, research experience, and future plans
• Invitation of preselected candidates for a hearing and personal job interview in Innsbruck/ online interviews on XXX
• Final selection of stipendiates
• Start of project XXX